From Our Blog
- Massachusetts Court Protects Medical Marijuana Use by Employees
- Pennsylvania Doctors Now Able to Register to Provide Medical Marijuana Prescriptions
- Colorado Court Says Alert from Drug Sniffing Dog is No Longer Enough to Search Car
Commonly Asked Questions
Criminal Defense Attorney
(215) 531-1252 (cell)
- United States District Court – Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court – District of New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- New Jersey Supreme Court
- JD – 2010 – Rutgers University School of Law
- B.A. – 2007 – Rutgers University, Camden
Legal Employment History
- Law Offices of Marc Neff – 2013 – Present
- Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office – 2010 – 2013
Immediately after graduating from Rutgers University School of Law – Camden, Matt joined the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office. During his three years at the District Attorney’s Office, Matt handled thousands of cases. He has worked in the trial division, the juvenile division and the pretrial division.
During his tenure in the trial division, Matt handled preliminary hearings, Municipal Court trials, felony waiver trials and major jury trials. In the Juvenile Division, he handled both misdemeanor and felony juvenile trials as well as certification hearings where a decision was made whether the defendant should be tried as an adult or as a juvenile.
As an Assistant District Attorney in the Pretrial Division, Matt was chosen to help revamp the criminal justice system to make it more effective and efficient. Matt assisted in the elite Charging Unit, helped administer both DUI and Drug Treatment Court Programs and was a member of the Diversion Unit. In the Diversion Unit, he worked in Bench Warrant Court, the Accelerated Misdemeanor Program (AMP), Small Amount of Marijuana Court (SAM), Early Resolution Court (ER) and Intermediate Punishment (IP).
Matt’s prosecutorial experience has brought him a complete understanding of the intricate workings of the criminal justice system. He brings this prosecutorial experience, and his reputation as a tough, but fair, prosecutor to the defense side of the aisle.